Welcome to The Press Room for the Betty & Milton Katz JCC in Cherry Hill, NJ.
If you are a member of the press, we invite you to add your name to our Press Contact list by contacting Stephanie Dworkin at [email protected].
Stephanie Dworkin– Assistant Director of Marketing
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 856-424-4444 x1250
The Katz JCC invites all men and women regardless of age, race or religion to join us in building stronger minds, bodies and spirits.
Our Vision is to be the premier Jewish social, cultural, recreational and educational center that serves the South Jersey community. To preserve and enrich culture, heritage and values by providing programs and services for all ages and abilities.
The Katz Jewish Community Center is committed to promoting and enriching Jewish culture, heritage, values and lives by providing outstanding educational, social and health & wellness programs and experiences for our community.
The Jewish Community Center was established in the forties, occupying facilities in Camden and Pennsauken. The evolution of the Center has continued for over 60 years. As the facilities grew, so did the services offered.
The new JCC, built in 1997, located on the Weinberg Campus in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, is a true central address for the entire Jewish community. It is a haven for Jewish organizations, children, youth and older adults. The JCC is proud to host Holiday celebrations, Festivals, Educational and Cultural programs and Social activities for the entire community.
Community events are offered focusing on education for secular and non-secular attendees as well as adult and fitness and children’s cultural arts reaching broad audiences across the three counties.
Community support and funding through the United Way of Camden County, the United Way of Burlington County, and the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, as well as partnership with the business community, enables the community to enjoy a variety of options in programming with the highest quality in service.
- 10 Marriages that resulted from Jewish Singles Programming.
- 90 Campers with special needs receive support each summer at the JCC Camps at Medford through Open Hearts/Open Doors inclusionary program.
- 95 Teenage Athletes represent South Jersey every year in the Maccabi Games.
- 150 Individuals of all ages participate in Special Needs Programming at the Center.
- 280 Teenagers participate in youth group activities at the Center.
- 300 Children in our Early Childhood Center where love and learning go hand-in-hand.
- 600 Children who receive financial aid for school, camp, and after-school care.
- 1,500 Members come through the JCC doors everyday.
- 1,600 Campers making memories that last a lifetime at our Medford campsite.
- 3,500 Students in Life Long Learning Institute; college level courses for the 60+ crowd.
- 4,000 JCC Members.
- 10,000 Attendees of the Festival of Arts, Books, and Culture each year.
- 30,000 Hot Kosher Meals served to Senior Adults every year.
Have a story idea, but need an expert? Take a look at this guide to Katz JCC staff and their areas of expertise.
To reach any of these experts, please contact Stephanie Dworkin, Assistant Marketing Director at 856-424-4444 x1250 or email [email protected]
- Early Childhood / Parenting
Susie Shavelson, Assistant Director, Sari Isdaner Early Childhood Center
- Activities for Contemporary and Older Adults
Marcy Lahav, Director, Adult Services
- Health & Wellness
Rob Kiewe, Director, Health & Wellness Department
- Special Needs Services
Eileen Elias, Director, ACHaD Department
- JCC Camps at Medford / Daycamp
Beth Segal, Director, JCC Camps at Medford