Important JCC Indoor Pool Information
No indoor pool reservations are needed for lap swim, individual/couple or family swim.
Registration is still required for all group exercise classes, including aquatics aerobic classes, through Mindbody.
A JCC Full Facility Membership is required for indoor and outdoor pool use.
Lap Swimmer Rules
- Please observe common courtesy.
- When joining a lane, make sure everyone in the lane is aware prior to entry.
- Swimmers are expected to share the lane with other individuals. In the event a swimmer refuses to share a lane; they will be asked to leave the pool area.
- When 2 swimmers are in a lane, the lane can be shared/split.
- Circle swimming prevails if more than 2 swimmers are in a lane.
- When stopping, please occupy a corner of the lap lane.
- When circle swimming, allow faster swimmers to pass.
- Stop at the corner to allow faster swimmers to make the turn to go ahead of you.
- Do not stop in the middle of the lane.
- Maximum of 5 swimmers per lane.
- Swimming is NOT permitted unless there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Proper bathing attire is required.
- Gum, food, drinks, glass containers, smoking, and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the pool area.
- Running, pushing, dunking, and horseplay are not permitted at any time.
- The lap lanes are for lap swimmers only; use the circle swim pattern.
- Kick boards and pull buoys are for instruction, swim team, and lap swimmers.
- The diving blocks are only for swim team practices or meets.
- No holding on to or sitting on the lap lane ropes.
- Jumping or diving in the shallow end of the pool is never permitted.
- Infants/children who are not toilet-trained and adults who are incontinent, who wish to enter any pool, must wear a swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs and waist. In addition, appropriate swim attire must be worn over top of the rubber/vinyl pants. No regular diapers are permitted.
- Children ages 14 years old and under MUST pass a swim test before they can be left unsupervised to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Children ages 7 and under must be accompanied in the water by an adult (minimum of 18 years old).
- Children ages 8 and up must be accompanied by an adult on the pool deck (minimum of 18 years old).
- Children who wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) must have an adult in the water within arm’s reach at all times.
- Swimmers must be 16 years of age to utilize lap lanes unless otherwise instructed.
- No water guns or water balloons permitted on the pool deck.
- Obey lifeguards at all times. They are here for your safety and have the full authority of the Aquatics Director to remove any uncooperative or unsafe individuals from the pool area.
- Deep end swimming is limited to those who have passed the Deep End Swim Test. The band test is administered by the lifeguard on duty (per Band Test Rules). Upon passing the test, the swimmers name will be documented in the Band Test Log Book.
- Members will be refused deep end swimming without successfully passing the band test.
- Children must be in arms reach of the adult and no more than 2 swimmers per adult.
- No Street shoes on the pool deck.
- Specialized equipment, such as kickboards, fins, or paddles, are only permitted for lap swimmers only. No fins in open swim and teaching pool.
- NO PROLONGED BREATH HOLDING
Aqua Fitness Etiquette
- All participants must be registered or have a spot reserved through Mindbody.
- Without a reservation to the class, you WILL NOT be permitted to participate in the class, with no exceptions.
- Each class will be capped at 20 members per class and will be allotted 4 lanes maximum.
- The lanes will scale with the number of members signed up for each class. 1 Lane per 5 members.
- All participants must be cognizant of the time allotted for each class. Each class has a total of 50 minutes of class time, with the last 10 minutes of each class being used to put away equipment, transferring pools, and allowing members to enter and exit the pool.
- Lap Swimmers and Aqua Fitness participants will not be allowed to enter already utilized lanes until the start time of classes.
- No street shoes are allowed in the pool.
- If Aqua Shoes are going to be warn, the shoes must be worn to and from the locker room and pool.
- Members will be able to signup for each class 3 days before the class begins.
- We encourage all members to try out a variety of classes and not just take back-to-back classes. Members will be allowed to sign up for back-to-back classes, but we ask that you are cognizant of other members also wanting to take those classes.
- Classes will be canceled if they do not meet the minimum participation requirements of 25% capacity of the class, so 5 members with classes capped at 20 members.
- You will be notified of class cancellations the day prior to the class taking place.
Questions? Contact Amanda Halliwell, Fitness & Wellness Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or (856) 424-4444 x1150