JCC Swim Team
The JCC Sharks Swim Team is a social and competitive winter swim team for ages 6-18 that competes against other competitive South Jersey swim teams and JCCs in the Mid-Atlantic region (in the Mid-Atlantic Swim League) including Baltimore, Delaware, Harrisburg and Allentown along with other teams in the area. The season runs September through March and culminates with our end of season Championship meet and banquet!
Our experienced coaching staff works with each swimmer throughout the season on swimming fundamentals, techniques, endurance and cultivating a great team environment! Children with disabilities will receive additional coaching opportunities.
Throughout the season, the JCC host special events for all our competitive swimmers including Sharks in the Dark Social Night, PJ Whelihans Sharks Night, end of season Championship meet and a banquet.
We encourage and welcome all swimmers to try out for the team. Swimmers will be evaluated based on their individual ability to swim Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly. The ability to dive is preferred but not mandatory to make the team.
2017 – 2018 Season, Swim Team Try-Outs:
- Ages 8 & Under: Sunday, September 10, 5-6pm & Monday September 11, 7-8pm
- Ages 9-10: Sunday, September 10, 6-7pm & Wednesday, September 13, 7-8pm
- Ages 11+: Sunday, September 10, 7-8pm & Thursday, September 14, 7-8pm
If you have any questions, please contact Jared Kaufman, Aquatics Director at 856-424-4444, x1144 or email, Jkaufman@jfedsnj.org.
Swimmers practice alongside their peers in their age group. Each swimmer receives individualized attention based on their swim level. All swim practices are designed to enhance each swimmers technique and endurance while also building a strong team atmosphere. During the week, each swimmer will practice in the water. On Sunday practices, each swimmer will take part in a 15-30 minute dry land workout session for strength training.
- Ages 8 & Under: Sunday: 5:00-6:15pm / Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6:00-7:00pm
- Ages 9-10: Sunday: 6:15-7:30pm / Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 7:00-8:00pm
- Ages 11+: Sunday: 7:30-8:45pm / Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00-9:00pm