JLEAD Teen Leadership Program
The Katz JCC Teen Leadership Program, JLEAD (Leadership, Education, Advocacy and Design), for teens in 9th grade, inspires and involves Jewish teens in South Jersey, through leadership development and personal evolution. The JLEAD participants will develop a connection of Jewish values and an understanding of needs in our community. The program includes eight sessions over the course of several months which include meetings with local leaders, hands-on activities and capstone projects.
All teens interested in participating in should complete the application through the online form. Applications are due Friday, October 25.
2019-2020 JLEAD Session Dates:
- Monday, December 9 (7-9pm) – Intro to Jewish Values in Leadership, Hineni (Rabbi Wexler)
- Monday, December 16 (7-9pm) – Jewish Leadership, Finding your Mission (6 word memoir)
- Monday, January 13 (7-9pm) – Introduction to Israel Advocacy, Israel and Me
- Monday, January 20 (10am-2pm) – MLK Day Of Service and Volunteerism in Leadership, JLEAD participants will have a session following the projects
- Monday, February 3 (7-9pm) – Introduction to Philanthropy, Mini-Mission
- Monday, February 24 (7-9pm) – Event and Program Planning, Fundraising
- Monday, March 2 (7-9pm) – Growing your Teen Movement and Peer Engagement
- Monday, March 16 (7-9pm) – Marketing and Communication, Creating your Leadership Brand
- Monday, March 23 (7-9pm) – Graduation Program
For more information about JLEAD, please contact Sara Sideman at [email protected] This program is a partnership of the Katz JCC, the JCC Camps at Medford and BBYO.