Full and Half Day Programs: Ages 2-4
The Sari Isdaner Early Childhood Center preschool program is based on the Creative Curriculum, which helps children acquire social competence and the skills they need to succeed as learners. The preschool program infuses each day with the core content standards of language arts and emerging literacy, reading and math readiness, engaging science, technology, creative arts, and Jewish programming within Judaic traditions and values.
All of our preschool programs provide developmentally appropriate activities to promote emerging social-emotional, physical, cognitive and verbal skills through play. Children are immersed into music and movement, multi-sensory experiences and play learning stations.
“What you have taught my daughter in just a few short weeks of this new school year is amazing. Before the school year I tried to work with her on her numbers and letters and she was having trouble. She now knows almost all of her letters and all of her numbers. That was SO fast and I am just in awe. Thank you!”
Preschool students take advantage of the JCC’s beautiful Health & Wellness facilities for swim lessons in our indoor pool, taught by Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy instructors and our full size gymnasium for gym classes, taught by JCC Health and Wellness staff.
In our preschool classrooms for 2 year olds, our students grow from their toddler years of parallel play toward cooperative play with their classmates. All activities are developmentally appropriate and help guide our young preschoolers to the next level of preschool. These students must be 2 years old by October 1.
Their typical day includes:
- Stories and songs to spark creativity
- Morning circle time which stimulates learning with friends
- Exploring the Imaginarium, our indoor play structure, which encourages gross and fine motor skills
- Creative Arts which offers hands-on exploration of various mediums
- Jewish holiday celebrations and Shabbat every Friday, led by our Judaic Coordinator
- Dramatic play in Cindy’s Imagination Station
- Playground with sand and sensory activities
Children join the preschool wing of our school when they begin in our 3 year old classes. This program prepares children to enter our Pre-Kindergarten program for 4 year olds.
Their typical day includes:
- Morning Circle, where they discuss the day of the week, the current month, the year and the day’s weather
- Show ‘n’ tell gives children the opportunity to share something special from home
- Learning through designated play learning centers. Through these play stations the children move in small groups and participate in art, sensory activities, building with blocks, dramatic play and other creative activities to encourage their imagination and higher order thinking skills
- Social emotional growth is enhanced through the introduction of our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) programming.
Our kindergarten prep program for 4 year olds is dedicated to kindergarten readiness, as children continue to learn through play, ensuring each child is prepared for Kindergarten. Classrooms are child centered and set up in learning centers which focus on core content: math, science, social studies, literacy and writing, art and creativity.
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) curriculum is infused into our morning academics. Afternoon programming continues the STEAM momentum as children are guided through exploration and problem solving of specific challenges, working together towards solutions.
Children are also introduced to our Hebrew program through Aleph Bet Yoga for Kids which teaches the Hebrew alphabet through movement.