The JCC offers over 100 free group fitness classes every week. No matter what your fitness level, interest or schedule, we offer classes that fit into your lifestyle.
Our certified and trained group fitness instructors are here to create a fun experience all while motivating and encouraging you to take it up a notch to hit your fitness goals! Hop on one of our Spin bikes, get grooving to the music in Zumba®, pump it up in BODYPUMP™, work your core in Core Barre, and so much more.
Enjoy a slow, relaxing vinyasa flow.
Experience poses and postures in this all-level yoga class while being buoyant in the water.
• Download the Mindbody app or visit www.mindbodyonline.com to
create an account.
• If this is new for you, contact Amanda Gelovich at firstname.lastname@example.org to align your JCC membership with Mindbody.
• Whether you are attending virtually through Zoom, or in-person, we request that you register in Mindbody ahead of class time.
It's likely a timing issue. If you signed up very close to the class start time, you may not have received the email yet or Rebecca may not have seen your reservation, having already sent the details to registered attendees the day before class and again a few hours before class. Links to Virtual classes can be found in confirmation email. If you signed up for a class and have not received an email please contact Rebecca Benrubi email@example.com
1. Using Mindbody, search for Katz JCC and find the class(es) you wish
to attend. We are offering hybrid format for nearly all classes, so
you'll see them listed twice. There will be an option for class name
(ex: Zumba with Renee) and virtual on Zoom (ex: VIRTUAL Zumba
with Renee). In a few cases, there will only be VIRTUAL offered.
2. Register for each virtual or in-person class you wish to take; you will see a $10 drop-in rate until you click on the word “Book,” then it will change to the free Member rate. You should not be asked for a credit card. If you are, please contact Amanda Gelovich (firstname.lastname@example.org) so she can properly align your JCC membership with the Mindbody system.
3. Once you’ve booked, you’ll receive an automated email from Mindbody simply stating that your registration went through. No equipment or Zoom information is included. 4. As class time gets closer, you'll receive another email, this time from Group Fitness Coordinator Rebecca Benrubi confirming the class start and end time, location, equipment, and the Zoom link. Please consider adding email@example.com to your address book, so these emails do not go to your Spam folder.
• No matter if you’re attending in-person or through Zoom, you
should sign up as early as possible, but 24 hours in advance is ideal.
The longer you wait, the more likely it is you won't receive the
informational email with full details, plus the class could be fully
• Classes open 14 days prior to the scheduled day. We recommend you register at least 24 hours in advance. If you are unable to attend classes, please cancel out your registration to allow any wait list participants to be moved up into class. • If you can no longer attend, please cancel your reservation using Mindbody or contact Rebecca (firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel it for you.
• In the hybrid class world (instructors teaching to in-person attendees and virtual), we need to be sure we have enough physical and electronic spaces. The Cycling Studio allows up to 15 people with proper social distancing, but the J360 fits only 25 people before starting a waiting list. Virtual classes can accommodate up to 50 attendees. Tracking it in one space, via an established system like Mindbody, ensures we can retain all the details. • Instructors need to validate that their classes deserve to remain on the schedule, and a healthy number of attendees is the best way to do so. By registering in advance, your instructor can simply sign everyone in as attending, rather than searching, finding and signing in. Classes can start and end on time, which benefits everyone.
These posts by JCC Marketing serve as a backup and a reminder.
Attending without registering does not help the instructor start on time and it does not give you the equipment information and other details. Links to Virtual Classes can be found in the confirmation email. If you've signed up for a class and have not received an email please contact Rebecca Benrubi email@example.com.
This is an automated message from Mindbody when you're registered for class, but the instructor doesn't sign you in. You will not be penalized in any way. Please disregard this email.
The email and schedule are for convenience. However, attending live or virtual classes without registering does not help the instructor start on time, may not count you as an attendee, and does not give you equipment information and other details.
Please contact Amanda Gelovich (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance and explain what's occurring. It's likely you're not the only one!