The Katz JCC will be CLOSED as of 4pm on Sunday, March 15 for a minimum of two weeks. Please click here to read more.
We can all play a part in keeping our members and staff healthy, particularly as COVID-19 and the flu continue to be public health concerns. We are in the business of bringing people together and caring for our community. At this time this also means that we must take care of our community here in our building and in the community at large.
With that in mind, please read our updated policies regarding COVID-19 and visiting the JCC:
- If you have a fever, please do not come to the JCC.
- If you are at high risk for coming into contact with COVID-19, please do not use the JCC facilities.
- If someone in your home has been placed under self-quarantine, we ask that you do not visit the JCC for at least 14 days or longer, depending on your symptoms.
- If you have come into with someone outside of your household who you know has been exposed to COVID-19, please do not use the JCC facilities for at least 14 days.
- If you or any member of your family are feeling generally unwell with cold symptoms (including fever, body aches, sneezing, coughing, etc.) we ask that you do not use the JCC facilities until symptoms have subsided and you are feeling well.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. We provide alcohol-based hand sanitizing gel throughout the building for you to use as well.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, particularly fitness equipment, using cleaning wipes and disinfectant spray provided throughout the Fitness Center.
- Read more about COVID-19 on the CDC’s website here.
If you or someone in your household has traveled to a high-risk area (China, Iran, European Countries or South Korea) or has been on a cruise, we ask that you follow the CDC recommendations, which state you should self-quarantine at home for at least 14 days from the time you left one of these countries with widespread, ongoing community spread and practice social distancing. You should also have clearance from your medical professional stating you are cleared to return to public places like the JCC.
Take these steps to monitor your health and practice social distancing:
- Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing.
- Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school for this 14-day period.
- Do not take public transportation, taxis or ride shares during this time.
- Avoid crowded places (such as the JCC, shopping centers and movie theatres) and limit your activities in public
- Keep a distance from others (about 6 feet)
Our Aquatics Facilities
In regards to the safety of our pools, the CDC’s water transmission statement shares that there is no evidence to believe that the coronavirus can be spread through water.
The JCC monitors our chemical levels hourly and ensuring that our pool remains in compliance with the Department of Health’s guidelines for swimming pool sanitation. Our pool’s chlorine levels are always on the higher end of normal. Our pools are tested weekly by a NJ state certified lab for detection of bacteria and concerns, which is mandated by the NJ State Bathing Code.
In addition, we have increased our daily disinfection of equipment and high touch areas in our pool facilities.
We have taken the following precautions here at the JCC:
- We are cleaning our facilities hourly with approved disinfectant solution – doorknobs, bathroom sinks, countertops, floors, elevators, handrails, water fountains, etc.
- Locker rooms, spa facilities and restrooms are being thoroughly cleaned on an hourly basis as well.
- Additional hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes are located throughout the JCC, particularly in high traffic areas such as the lobby and Fitness Center.
- Members must wipe down Fitness Center machines and equipment before and after use. Fitness Center staff are also continuously cleaning and wearing gloves while doing so.
- The Hydration Station has been temporarily suspended but water fountains are readily available.
- Our complimentary fruit for members has been temporarily suspended.
Please know that our staff has been asked to take the following precautions:
- Business travel has been halted.
- All personal travel to international and high-risk domestic areas will be monitored and self-quarantine will be implemented if necessary.
- Employees are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Social distancing is being practiced.