Group Wellness Classes
Wellness involves a healthy balance of mind, body and spirit that results in overall feeling of well-being. Our goal is to promote life improvements through positive lifestyle changes. The Katz JCC offers several group classes and programs such as:
- Gentle Yoga (Level 1): Perfect for beginners trying to get back into exercise. This class will include some gentle motions as well as balancing and stretching.
- Mat Pilates: Focus on improving flexibility, coordination, strength, body alignment and control while working from your ‘center’.
- Intro to Meditation: Do you have trouble relaxing? This meditation class for beginners will help you learn the basics of mindfulness.
- Mind Your Muscle: This intermediate to advanced interval training class combining strength and yoga.
- Meditation: Stressed? Come and relax your mind, body and spirit.
- Mindfulness, Movement, Meditation (M.M.M.): This class focuses on mindfulness practices, such as body and breath sensing exercises, including slow, gentle movements that can be done standing or seated. All capabilities are welcome.
- Movement & Motion ($): Explore your body’s possibilities through music to improve your balance, flexibility, coordination and posture. This is an ideal class for those with Parkinson’s or chronic illnesses.
- No Sweat Stretch: Learn how to properly stretch the entire body in this 30 minute stretching class using minimal props on the mat or standing.
- Pilates Reformer ($): Private groups using specialized Pilates equipment designed for strength training. Please register for this class at the Health & Wellness Control Desk.
- Power Yoga: A form of yoga involving constant yoga moves to build strength and focus while unwinding tight joints and muscles.
- Qigong: Gentle movements will strengthen and stretch the body increasing fluid movement, while enhancing balance and proprioception. 8 Week Session: Mondays, Jan. 7 – Feb. 25 / Time: 3-4pm / Cost: FREE/JCC Full Facility Members, $40/JCC Basic Members, $60/Guests / Register Online
- Tai Chi: Reduce stress improve balance, blood pressure and bone density.
- Yoga: Improve positions such as shoulder stands, other inversions and balancing. Some understanding of Yoga is needed to participate in a level 2 class while yoga knowledge is needed to participate in our most intense Yoga class at Level 3.
- Yoga Fit: A vigorous and challenging Yoga workout in a hot room combined with loud music.
For more information, contact Jayne Miller Morgan, Assistant Fitness Director, at [email protected] or call (856) 424-4444 x1140.