By Marcy Weiner-Lahav, Adult/Cultural/Judaic Department Director
Is there a Life Long Learning class you would like to attend at the Katz JCC? Would you like to try our Adult Meal Program or our Chair Aerobics/Yoga/Pilates classes? Perhaps you have wanted to do all of these things at the J but thought you couldn’t because you don’t have reliable transportation. Did you know we provide transportation to and from the Katz JCC Monday through Friday for morning classes and lunch? You are picked up at your home between 9:15-9:45am. You arrive at the JCC by 10am and depart for home at 1pm.
That 10am-1pm window at the Katz JCC would allow you to enjoy a variety of activities, including:
Invigorate the mind and learn about something new during our free weekly recreational classes:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: Current events discussions with guest speakers periodically
- Tuesday: Yiddish discussion, Sing a Song Sing-along & Wii bowling
- Wednesday: Creative Craft projects
- On Select Thursdays: Monthly Café Connection for individuals with memory challenges and their care partners
- Every day: Cards & games
OR Exercise the mind and body in one of our free wellness classes:
- Monday: Meditation
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Arm Chair Aerobics
- Wednesday & Friday: Table tennis
- Thursday: Arm Chair Yoga & Movement and motivation to help with balance and movement
In addition to those activities, you could have fun during a gym workout, go swimming and join us for lunch. We have two remodeled buses to better accommodate adult riders. Thanks to the Saltzman Foundation’s contribution to our transportation, we are able to offer this important service for a very reasonable fee.
If you are 60 years of age or older, a JCC member and live in Cherry Hill and surrounding communities, please contact the Adult, Cultural & Judaic Department at 856-424-4444 x1260 for more information. Don’t let transportation be the reason for not coming to the JCC. Let our transportation get you here – where you become a part of our JCC family.